Podcasting in Plain English from leelefever on Vimeo.
I am a newbie at listening to podcasts for professional development. About three years ago, I had one of my classes create podcasts, but until this summer I never realized how many quality podcasts are availabe for professional development purposes. I have only been listening to them in this manner for about three weeks now. So far, I find it extremely beneficial and exciting.
Future posts will highlight favorite podcast and webcast episodes. For now, here are some suggestions to get started:
- So far, Seedlings is my personal favorite. It also highlights a variety of tech topics which are relevant to the classroom. A big plus is that it offers links to most of the web 2.0 tools that are discussed within each episode via Bob Sprankle's blog called Bit by Bit.
- TED is a must see! There are many dynamic speakers on this site.
- EdTechTalk has a variety of topics related to both tech and ed.
- Edutopia offers some interesting vodcasts
- Colorin Colorado! is a site I send my TCE students to view webcasts on ESOL and bilingual ed. issues.
- Reading Rockets is a related site with some broader literacy videos and podcasts.